I have been lucky enough to have been a consultant to over 100 development and non-profit organizations on projects as diverse as report writing, impact analysis, donor development, troubleshooting management and project challenges—and how to design, fund and launch a project.
Writing. I can help you write a program and funding plan, a final report, training materials, materials for the promotion of your non-profit, content for your email newsletter, web site and blog—and I will edit your rough drafts into finished copy.
Non-profit and NGO Consultant: Whether I’m working with you one-on-one—or at a distance through email and telephone calls—I can help you:
- develop a brand-new project from scratch in response to a donor request for a proposal
- help a new staff member inherit and launch a project designed by a former staff member
- get a current project with a challenge back on track
- improve efficiency in organization and project management
- develop long-term programming which may include a suite of projects combined into a mission driven program
I work with both:
Traditional Non-profits (typically in the United States and Canada) who are working on a program such as animal welfare, youth empowerment, education, community development, hunger, urban agriculture, immigration, the environment—or with a food bank or homeless shelter.
International Development Organizations who are working with communities in a developing nation on projects as diverse as food security, water, health, income generation, adaptation to climate change, gender, education—or with a family farm program or connecting farmers to a market.
Face-to-Face versus Distance Consultant:
Face-to-Face. I’ve had the good fortune to have worked in the field with NGO and non-profit organizations in the United States, Mexico, Central America, Africa and Southeast Asia. I’ve also worked with donors in North America, Central America, Europe, and Asia on proposal development and reporting.
Distance Consulting. With the advent of the Internet, email and Skype video calls, I can also consult, train and write content from a distance.
My Mentoring Program is a combination of training, advising, and coaching. I will provide an experienced set of eyes, concrete feedback on your work, help you prioritize and focus what’s going to work best, show you how to research evidence-based best practices, and to experiment with and test your approaches in order to see what works best for you. I will also show you tricks for working smarter and faster.
My Coaching Program: I provide a three-month coaching program where we take what you are learning in your training with me—and and work together to turn it into a real project that will work. We start off clarifying community need—and then we develop a project design, funding documents and research donor possibilities.
By the end of the three month coaching program you will have developed a real project based upon real need determined through a participatory assessment—and you will have contacted a donor for feedback and for relationship building.
I can help you with:
- promotional materials, report writing, and providing editing services
- web site, blog and email newsletter content
- SEO: keyword optimization of the content that I write
- Program Design and Development
- evaluating an existing project design to help increase impact and sustainability
- developing a brand-new project from scratch
- researching best practice activities a project
- troubleshooting a project with a challenge
- improving efficiency in project management
- evaluating project impact
- building capacity in your organization through a training workshop
- helping you become a Field Partner of the Center for Sustainable Development: Contact me.
- developing new donor relationships
- evaluating a project design to help increase its funding opportunity